Facts About Sweden
1. Sweden pays students US$187 per month to attend high school.
2. Sweden banned spanking and other corporal punishment of children in 1979.
3. Sweden had a Charles VII but no Charles I to VI.
4. There's a Golf Club on the border of Sweden and Finland: half the holes are in one country and half in the other.
5. 89% of people in Sweden speak English.
6. Advertising to children under the age of 12 is illegal in Norway and Sweden.
7. Aborting a child because of its gender is legal in Sweden.
8. In 1974, Kim Il-sung took 1,000 Volvo sedans from Sweden to North Korea and never paid for them.
9. Sweden has ran out of trash so it's importing garbage from Norway
10. The band Abba wore ridiculous outfits to avoid Sweden's taxes, which allowed deductions for clothing if it wasn't meant to be used every day.
11. Swedish wasn't made the official language of Sweden until 2009.
12. Every year since 1966, the town of Gavle, Sweden, erects a giant straw goat for Christmas, and almost every year, vandals burn it.
13. Passports issued by the UK, Sweden and Finland offer visa-free travel to more countries than any other passports.
14. In Sweden, parents are entitled to 480 days of paid parental leave when a child is born or adopted.
15. The official Twitter account of @Sweden is given to a random citizen every week to manage.
16. To study the health effects of coffee, King Gustav III of Sweden commuted the death sentences of a pair of twins on the condition that one drank 3 pots of coffee and the other tea for the rest of their lives.