Facts About Finland
1. There are more saunas than cars in Finland.
2. After WWI, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Poland emerged as independent nations.
3. In Finland, slot machines are monopolized by a non-profit company that gives all its earnings to charity.
4. At the Wife Carrying World Championships in Finland, first prize is the wife's weight in beer.
5. There's a Golf Club on the border of Sweden and Finland: half the holes are in one country and half in the other.
6. In Finland, 9 out of 10 plastic bottles are returned for recycling and almost 100% of glass bottles are also recycled.
7. Passports issued by the UK, Sweden and Finland offer visa-free travel to more countries than any other passports.
8. There's a cruise ship that runs between Stockholm, Sweden, and Helsinki, Finland, just to purchase cheap alcohol.
9. In Finland, when someone earns their Ph.D., they are given a top hat and a sword.