Facts About Marriage
1. The average married couple has sex 68.5 times a year, which is slightly more than once a week.
2. 75% of people who marry partners from an affair eventually divorce.
3. 1 in every 5 couples have a sexless marriage, having less than 10 encounters a year.
4. 80% of all marriages in history were between second cousins or closer.
5. In France, you can marry a dead person.
6. he word "bride" comes from an old proto-germanic word meaning "to cook".
7. Einstein, Darwin, Allan Poe & Saddam Hussein, all married their first cousins.
8. About 300 couples marry in Las Vegas every day.
9. A man married a dog in India as atonement.
10. People who endure more than 45-minute commute are 40% more likely to divorce.
11. A 99-year-old man divorced his 96-year-old wife after 77 years of marriage because he discovered an affair she had in the 1940s.
12. First marriages that end in divorce usually last approximately 8 years.
13. A woman named Erika La Tour Eiffel "married" the Eiffel Tower in 2007.
14. Couples who live together before engagement have higher divorce rates than those who wait.
15. Most married couples are happiest in their third year of marriage.
16. There are 100 divorces every hour in the U.S.
17. Nero, the Roman Emperor, married a man, one of his freedmen, taking the role of the ride
18. In Iran, a law from 2013 allows Men to marry their 13-year-old adopted daughters.