Facts About Spain
1. The official name of Spain is the "Kingdom of Spain."
2. 72% of Spain speaks Spanish. The rest speaks Catalan, Galician, Basque and others.
3. The Spanish national anthem has no words.
4. There's a 47-story skyscraper in Spain that has NO elevator.
5. In Catalonia (Spain), a smiley-faced piece of wood called "Shitting Log" poops out the presents in Christmas.
6. La Tomatina is an annual festival held in Spain where people throw thousands of tomatoes at each other.
7. The Eiffel Tower was originally intended for Barcelona, Spain, but the project was rejected.
8. Spain had more unemployment in 2013 (27.2%) than the US had during the Great Depression (25%).
9. Spanish rice is unknown in Spain.
10. In 2000, Spain's Paralympic basketball team had to return their gold medals after nearly all of their players were found to have no disability.
11. There are no laws against public nudity in Spain.
12. The world's oldest existing lighthouse is the Tower of Hercules, in Spain, erected in the first century and still operational.
13. The Sagrada Familia church in Spain, has been under construction for over 130 years and it's only expected to be complete by 2026.