Facts About Alcohol
1. About one-third of designated drivers have at least one drink while carrying the title.
2. Alcohol kills one person every 10 seconds worldwide.
3. It only takes 6 minutes for brain cells to react to alcohol.
4. Alcohol is not digested; it gets absorbed directly into the bloodstream.
5. 48% of the world's population older than 15 claim to have never consumed alcohol.
6. Alcohol doesn't make you forget anything. When you get blackout drunk, the brain temporarily loses the ability to create memories.
7. Each Russian consumes 18 litres (4.8 US gal) of alcohol per year, doubling what experts consider dangerous.
8. There are over 500,000 alcohol-related deaths in Russia each year.
9. People with blue eyes have a higher alcohol tolerance.
10. Over 30% of cancer could be prevented by avoiding tobacco and alcohol, having a healthy diet and physical activity.
11. Beer was not considered an alcoholic beverage in Russia until 2013.
12. The strongest beer in the world has a 67.5% alcohol content.
13. In the U.K., it is legal for kids over 5 years old to drink alcohol at home or on other private premises.
14. Amsterdam pays alcoholics in beer to clean streets: 5 cans of beer for a day's work, plus €10 and tobacco.
15. The U.S. government poisoned alcohol during Prohibition in the 20s and 30s, killing over 10,000 people.
16. In the Middle Ages BEER was consumed more than water as the alcohol made it safer.
17. Alcohol Poisoning Kills 6 Americans Every Day.
18. In professional shooting, Alcohol is considered to be a performance enhancing drug because it relaxes you and slows your heart rate enough to give you an edge.