Facts About FOOD1. Ounce by ounce, Nutritious food costs up to 10 times more than junk food.
2. Chicken contains 266% more fat than it did 40 years ago.
3. There is a a food substitute intended to supply all daily nutritional needs, known as "Soylent".
4. Coconut water can be used (in emergencies) as a substitute for blood plasma.
5. Almost half of the world's food is thrown away every year.
6. CARROTS were originally PURPLE
7. Honey is the only food that will never rot, it can last 3000 years.
8. Cheese is the most stolen food in the world.
9. Scientists can turn peanut butter into diamonds.
10. An average person in the U.S. eats 35 tons of food in a lifetime.
11. Fortune cookies are not a traditional Chinese custom. They were invented in early 1900 in San Francisco.
12. Dynamite is made with peanuts.