Facts About Death
1. Within three days of death, the enzymes that once digested your dinner begin to eat you.
2. The practice of burying the dead may date back 350,000 years.
3. About 100 billion people have died in all human history.
4. More people commit suicide in New York City than are murdered.
5. About 153,000 people will die on your birthday.
6. Doctors' sloppy handwriting kills more than 7,000 people annually.
7. Left-handers die 3 years earlier than right-handed people.
8. When a person dies, his sense of hearing is the last to go.
9. You are more likely to die from a falling coconut than from a shark attack.
10. Every hour, at least 1 person is killed by a drunk driver in the U.S.
11. Mount Everest has about 200 dead bodies on it, which are now landmarks on the way to the top.
12. Every 40 seconds, someone commits suicide.
13. Sharks kill 12 people per year while people kill 11,417 sharks per hour.
14. Italian serial killer Leonarda Cianciulli was famous for turning victims into tea cakes and serving them to guests.
15. Greek philosopher Chrysippus is said to have died of laughter after getting his donkey drunk, trying to eat figs.
16. The creator of the Pringles packaging had his ashes stored in a Pringles Can after he died.
17. 80% of all Soviet males born in 1923 died in World War II.
18. You are more likely to die slipping in the bathtub, getting struck by lightning, or drowning in the bathtub, than from Terrorism.
19. Every 90 seconds, one woman dies during pregnancy or childbirth.
20. 35 million of your cells die every minute.
21. Crucifixion is still an official form of punishment in Sudan.