Facts About Atomic Bombs
1. Hiroshima and Nagasaki are not radioactive anymore mostly because the bombs didn't touch the ground, but were detonated in the air.
2. A Japanese man survived both the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bombings during WWII.
3. A survivor of Hiroshima's atomic bombing went to Boston in 1951 and won the Marathon.
4. FAT MAN was the codename for the atomic bomb that was detonated over Nagasaki.
5. Kokura, Japan, was the original target of the atomic bomb that landed in Nagasaki.
6. A Bonsai Tree planted in 1626 survived the atomic bomb at Hiroshima and now resides in a U.S. Museum.
7. A month after the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima, a typhoon hit the city killing another 2,000 people.
8. 10% of US electricity is made from dismantled atomic bombs.
9. In 1962, the U.S. blew up a hydrogen bomb in space that was 100 times more powerful than Hiroshima.