Facts About Phobias
1. There are more than 400 distinct phobias well recognised by psychologists.
2. Papaphobia is the fear of the Pope.
3. Phobophobia is the fear of having a phobia.
4. Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia is fear of the number 666.
5. Nomophobia is the fear of being without your cellphone or losing your signal.
6. Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.
7. Caligynephobia is the fear of beautiful women.
8. Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty beer glass.
9. Cherophobia is the fear of being too happy because "something tragic" will happen.
10. Philophobia is the fear of falling in love.
11. Phobias may be memories passed down through generations in DNA, according to a new research.
12. Alexander the Great, Napoleon, Mussolini and Hitler, all suffered from ailurophobia, the fear of cats.
13. Didaskaleinophobia is the fear of going to school.