::..Facts About Eiffel Tower..::
1. The Eiffel Tower was built for the 1889 Paris Exposition and was not intended to be permanent.
2. The Eiffel Tower was going to be demolished in 1909, but was saved because it was repurposed as a giant radio antenna.
3. During WWII, when Hitler visited Paris, the French cut the lift cables on the Eiffel Tower so that Hitler would have to climb the steps if he wanted to reach the top.
4. The Eiffel Tower is the most-visited paid monument in the world: 6.98 million people in 2011.
5. Con artist Victor Lustig “sold” the Eiffel Tower to a scrap metal dealer.
6. The Eiffel Tower was originally intended for Barcelona, Spain, but the project was rejected.
7. The height of the Eiffel Tower varies by 5.9 inches (15 cm) due to temperature changes.
8. Inventor Franz Reichelt died by jumping from the Eiffel Tower while testing a parachute of his own design.
9. 1,665 steps are needed to climb all the way to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
10. A woman named Erika La Tour Eiffel “married” the Eiffel Tower in 2007.
10 Facts You Did Not Know About The Eiffel Tower