1. The Sun accounts for about 99.86% of the total mass of the Solar System.
2. The Earth’s core is about as hot as the sun.
3. The beautiful symmetry of a total solar eclipse happens because —by pure chance— the sun is 400 times larger than the moon, but is also 400 times farther from Earth, making the two bodies appear the exact same size in the sky.
4. Every second, the Sun sends to earth 10 times more neutrinos than the number of people on earth.
5. 1.3 million Earths could fit inside the sun, an average-sized star.
6. The American flags placed on the moon are now white due to radiation from the sun.
7. Six ten-billionths of the Sun is gold.
8. Pluto takes 248 years to orbit the Sun.
9. The Sun is thought to have completed about 20 orbits during its lifetime and just 1/1250th of an orbit since the origin of humans.
10. A third of all Russians believe the Sun revolves around the Earth.
10 Facts You Did Not Know About Sun