1. Sharks kill 12 people per year while people kill 11,417 sharks per hour.
2. Whale Sharks can live up to 100 years.
3. Sharks have an astounding sense of smell, so powerful that they can detect a single drop of blood in an Olympic-sized pool.
4. Sharks will sink if they stop swimming.
5. New Yorkers bite 10 times more people than sharks do worldwide.
6. You are more likely to die from a falling coconut than from a shark attack.
7. There’s a shark in Greenland that eats polar bears and can live up to 200 years.
8. As soon as tiger shark embryos develop teeth, they attack and eat each other in the womb.
9. Signs that a circling shark will attack: it will hunch its back, lower its pectoral fins and swim in zigzag motions.
10. The “Shortfin Mako” Shark can accelerate faster than a Porsche.
10 Facts You Did Not Know About Sharks