Facts About France
1. France is the most visited country in the world: 83 million tourists in 2012.
2. France once controlled more than 8% of the world’s land.\
3. Napoleon wasn’t short. He was actually above the average Frenchman.
4. Paris was originally a Roman city called “Lutetia”.
5. The French government gives medals to citizens who have “successfully raised several children with dignity.”
6. There’s only one STOP sign in the entire city of Paris.
7. In France, you can marry a dead person.
8. There is a small village in France called “Pussy”
9. 1 in 5 people in France have experienced depression making it the most depressed country in the world.
10. French Toast Isn’t French. Joseph French advertised the modern toast but forgot to add the apostrophe.
11. Louis XIX was King of France for just 20 minutes.
12. During WWII, when Hitler visited Paris, the French cut the lift cables on the Eiffel Tower so that Hitler would have to climb the steps if he wanted to reach the top.
13. There’s a Coffee Shop in France where not saying “hello” and “please” makes your coffee more expensive.
14. The Mosque of Paris helped Jews escape the Nazis by giving them Muslim IDs during WWII.
14 Facts You Did Not Know About France