Facts About Egypt
1. Christianity was the main religion in Egypt between the Fourth and Sixth Centuries.
2. Ancient Egyptians worshipped over 1,400 different gods and goddesses.
3. Toilets were found in many ancient Egyptian tombs.
4. The World’s Oldest Dress was found in Egypt and it is 5,000 years old.
5. In the border between Egypt and Sudan, there are 795 sq miles (2,060 km2) of land unclaimed by neither.
6. Egyptian Pyramid workers were paid with beer: 1 gallon (4L) per day.
7. Written language was invented independently by the Egyptians, Sumerians, Chinese, and Mayans.
8. Sudan has more pyramids than Egypt.
9. The Statue of Liberty was intended for Egypt.
10. Cleopatra, the last Pharaoh of Egypt, was actually Greek, not Egyptian.
11. The pyramids were built by paid laborers. Not slaves. That’s a myth by Herodotus, the Greek historian.
12. The lost Egyptian city of Heracleion was found after 1200 years under the sea.
12 Facts You Did Not Know About Egypt