1. Nearly 1 billion people will go to bed hungry tonight.
2. 80% of humanity lives on less than US$10 per day.
3. If you earn more than US$21,000 a year, you are part of the richest 4% on the planet.
4. According to Bill Gates, by 2035, there will be almost no poor countries left in the world.
5. 100 million people in China live on less than US$1 per day.
6. 1 billion people still defecate in the open, in the absence of a toilet.
7. The combined wealth of the 85 richest people is equal to that of poorest 3.5 billion –half of the worlds population.
8. The poorest place in the U.S. is Allen, South Dakota, where 96% are Native American.
9. Sylvester Stallone was so poor, he had to sell his dog for $50. A week later, he sold the script for Rocky and bought him back for $3,000.
10. Picasso burned most of his early work to keep his apartment warm because he was poor.
11. 53% of all American workers make less than US$30,000 a year.
12. In China, over 35 million people still live in caves.
12 Facts You Did Not Know About Poverty