1. If you announce your goals to others, you are less likely to make them happen because you lose motivation, studies confirmed.
2. Your mind “rewrites” monotonous speech of boring people to make it sound more interesting.
3. There are more than 400 distinct phobias well recognised by psychologists.
4. Your favorite song is probably your favorite because you associate it with an emotional event in your life.
5. The type of music you listen to affects the way you perceive the world.
6. Spending money on others yields more happiness than spending it on yourself.
7. The key to happiness is spending your money on experiences rather than possessions, according to studies.
8. Romantic love is biochemically indistinguishable from having severe obsessive-compulsive disorder.
9. Phobias may be memories passed down through generations in DNA, according to a new research.
10. 30% of pregnant women crave nonfood items, an eating disorder called pica.
11. Phobophobia is the fear of having a phobia.
12. There’s a rare mental disorder where people imagine that they are decomposing, dead or non-existent.
13. Researchers are debating on adding Internet addiction to the list of mental disorders.
14. 1 in 5 people in France have experienced depression, making it the most depressed country in the world.
15. There is a gene that can cause you to be negative most of the time.
15 Facts You Did Not Know About Psychology