1. Every 40 seconds, someone commits suicide.
2. More people commit suicide in New York City than are murdered.
3. 1 in every 5 people in Greenland attempt suicide at some point in their lives.
4. The founder of Victoria’s Secret, Roy Raymond, committed suicide by leaping off the Golden Gate Bridge in 1993.
5. More U.S. soldiers committed suicide, than died in combat in 2012.
6. Many animals have been reported to commit suicide, including dogs, cows, bulls, and sheep.
7. 1 in 25 U.S. teenagers has attempted suicide.
8. The Golden Gate Bridge is the #1 suicide site in the world.
9. Most people who commit suicide, do it on a Monday.
10. Established writers and artists are 18 times more likely to commit suicide than the general population.
11. There’s an episode of “Tom and Jerry” that ends with the both of them committing suicide.
12. Suicide attempts were punished as crimes in England and Wales until 1961.
12 Facts You Did Not Know About Suicide