Facts About Bacteria
1. All of the bacteria in our body collectively weighs about 4 pounds.
2. The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria than a toilet.
3. There’s more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.
4. The “smell of rain” is caused by a bacteria called actinomycetes.
5. Mobile phones have 18 times more bacteria than toilet handles.
6. Researchers found 1,458 new species of bacteria in belly buttons.
7. Sweat itself is odorless. It’s the bacteria on the skin that mingles with it and produces body odor.
8. A clean mouth has between 1,000 and 100,000 bacteria on each tooth.
9. Chocolate has an anti-bacterial effect on the mouth and protect against tooth decay.
9 Facts You Did Not Know About Bacteria