Facts About Water
1. 3.4 million people die each year from water-related causes.
2. People in Africa and Asia have to walk an average of 3.7 miles (6 KM) to collect water.
3. An average swimming pool loses 1,000 gallons (3,785 L) a month to evaporation and other causes.
4. The average toilet uses 6 litres (1.6 gal) of clean water in a single flush
5. Your bones are composed of 31% water.
6. 1% of the World’s Water Is Drinkable.
7. Nearly 700 million Chinese people drink contaminated water.
8. In Peru, there’s a billboard that creates drinkable water out of thin air.
9. About 1 in 9 people lack access to an improved water source.
10. Water itself does not conduct electricity well, but the impurities found in water do.
11. In the Middle Ages BEER was consumed more than water as the alcohol made it safer.
11 Facts You Did Not Know About Water